You are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot
When my heart is set on making a difference but my mind gets disillusioned or uninspired, music gives me that push I need to get back on track. I put together a list of songs that have such influence on me. I’m sure I’m forgetting many, but I strained my mind just enough to remember 10.
1. U2 – One
2. Youssou N’Dour & Neneh Cherry – 7 Seconds
3. Emmanuel Jal – Why
4. Annie Lennox – 1,000 Beautiful Things
5. Angelique Kidjo & Josh Groban – Pearls
6. Talib Kweli – Listen
7. Lupe Fiasco – Conflict Diamonds
8. Common – A Dream
9. Son of ’76 and the Watchmen – The Chosen Few
10. Lee Ann Womak – I Hope You Dance
Do you have any favorites that inspire you?